Gallery 2012: December 1, Mount Magazine
Pass your mouse over the thumbnails to view photos and captions.
- From left to right: ASM Van Houtte, John William, Maxim, Jake, Siam, Will, Chase, ASM Vickers, and William. SM Garrison is taking the picture. This is a prep hike for Philmont 2013. Even though we did not stay overnight, we each had a full backpack as if we were spending the night. We will hike a total of 9 miles.
- Snack break on the going up to Cameron Bluff.
- Will seems to enjoy the rice crispie cakes...
- Snack time is a good opportunity to share a good story.
- After a little less than 4 miles, we reach Signal Hill. We started at @ 1600 feet of elevation and ended up here at 2753 feet. Altitude sickness anyone?
- There is a geocaching on top of Signal Hill and we found it.
- We went to the Magazine Lodge and enjoyed some fun time. Some of us had never come.
- Maxim got on top of the rock. Was it that hard???
- The backdrop behind the Mount Magazine Lodge was beautiful: an entire valley where the sun was playing with the clouds to illuminate the lake and rivers...
- John William climbing rocks.
- Siam got there too, and without harnesses or ropes!
Last modified December 10, 2012.