Gallery 2012: February 11, Scouting for Food
Pass your mouse over the thumbnails to view photos and captions.
- The cans arrive in waves and are spread all over a big table. Scouts and parents hustle to sort the cans into groups such as soups, fruits, meats, vegetables... J.D. and ASPL Aaron
- ASPL Aaron studies a can. "Hey, it matches my raincoat!"
- Isaac packs the cans into boxes for easy delivery.
- Siam packs some cans into boxes for easy delivery.
- Russell, ASM Hudson, and ASPL Aaron hustle to sort the cans onto groups such as soups, fruits, meats, vegetables...
- Yoshio scientifically aligns the items. No wasted space...
- Chase and William tear a bag open to get to the good stuff while Russell picks up a can.
- Isaac, Siam, and Mrs. Taylor pick up items to put on the tables behind them.
- ASPL Aaron, Yoshio, and ASM Van Houtte hustle to sort the cans.
- William, SM Garrison, and SPL Jake share a good laugh while Yoshio picks up some cans.
- SPL Jake, Mrs. Cori, and ASPL Aaron around an overflowing table.
- Mrs. Steffy, Mr. Yamashita, Mrs. Taylor, and Mr. Hooks hustle to sort the cans.
- Mrs. Taylor and Mrs. Steffy empty bags of their delicious contents.
- ASM Van Houtte and ASM Taylor at the veggie table.
- SM Garrison and Chase empty incoming bags.
- After the hard work of looking at all this food, everyone enjoyed one or two hot dogs with chips, apple, orange, and grapes. From left to right: Will, Sutton, ASPL Aaron, Mr. Yamashita, and ASM Hudson
- Clockwise: ASM Hudson, Mr. Hooks, Gabriel, Isaac, and Yoshio
- Some choose not to sit at a table... From left to right: William, Jonathan, Chase, Austin, Nicolas, and Russell
- Mrs. Nufer and Mrs. Roberts share a quiet moment.
- ASM Vickers, SM Garrison, and Mr. Roberts sit comfortably to enjoy their meal.
- Jared rests while Austin proudly wears his hat.
- Troop 214 collected over 2000 cans of food. Two thirds of the collected items were given to Manna House and one third was given to St. John Catholic Church. Great job, boys!