Gallery 2011: October 9 - 10, Richland Creek Trail
Pass your mouse over the thumbnails to view photos and captions.
- Purple dot: trail head; green dot: camp site; orange line: approximate trail; thick blue lines: approximate locations of Twin Falls on Long Devils Fork (1/2 mile east of camp site) and a water fall on Richland Creek (1/2 mile south of camp site)
The trail was very rugged and sometimes not easy to find.
About 2 1/2 miles, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Before departure from Russellville. From left to right: ASM Philippe Van Houtte, Maxim, Will, ASM Gregg Vickers, ASPL Jake, SPL Chase, ASM Mike Garrison (not pictured: SM Patrick Williams)
- At the trail head: lunch before departure.
- Getting ready and gearing up.
- Last pack ajustments before departure
- Walking in the Richland's Creek's bed
- ASM Gregg: Well now... Is that really the trail over there?
ASM Mike: Let me see... We are here, I think... Or is it here? Between here and there...
SM Patrick: Looks good enough to me! I'll go for it!
- Find the dry spot and hop!
- No obstacles stopped the scouts!
- At about mid way (or was it a third... Ask Mike...)
- Time for a break
- "Look here, I'll show you how to refill your bottle."
- "Now, you do it..."
- Walking along the creek
- Troop 214 rocks!
- Troop 214 rocks again!
- Richland Creek waterfall
- "Look at what we found..."
- Having fun on the creek bed
- Evening stories and memories
- Troop 214 glows in the dark...
- Everyone enjoys the fire.
- Father and son by one of the waterfalls at Long Devils Fork
- Standing next to the other waterfall
Last modified March 18, 2013.